Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dinner at the Shue's

I love to be creative, especially when it comes to dinner. I like to switch things up, try new recipes, alter others. Well, a few weeks ago I decided to "clean out the fridge" dinner. By that I mean, what do I have that I should probably use before it starts smelling funny. We eat A LOT of chicken in our house so it's nice to shake things up a little and thanks to my awesome parents, I had pork chops in the freezer.
My ADD mind went to work and I came up with the following recipe. Boneless pork chops, mushrooms, blue cheese, everything bread, bacon bits, green onion, and garlic. Everything but the chops are chopped finely and mixed together. Smush it together (that's a culinary word...right?) and put it on top of the pork chops in a baking dish. Bake at 375-400 for 35-40 minutes.(depends on how thick the pork chops are.)

I also had some leftover mushrooms, so I stuffed them full of yumminess too and baked them with the chops. I am trying out baked green tomatoes that have been tossed in egg whites and Panko/shake n bake mixture and baked along side of the pork chops. I will let you know how they turn out.

End result: The stuffed/topped pork chops are delicious!!! The More blue cheese, the better! The mushrooms are amazing, I only wish there were more than a few, and the tomatoes are nice and crispy on the outside and juicy and sweet on the inside. The beer; always tasty! All in all I would say that this dinner is a winner!

**my husband even 'stole' my leftovers to take to work because he leaves uber early before I even get out of bed.

Feel free to email me with any questions or comments.
P.s. I'm still learning this whole blog thing so my pictures are all in crazy orders and only at the bottom:/.

What do you get creative with?

No comments:

Post a Comment