Thursday, January 29, 2015

I want to be bored!

When was the last time you were bored?  I've had this conversation with my family and friends in the past and we always agree that being bored happened around 1987.  I remember complaining to my mom "I'm bored," there's nothing to  do," "I don't have any cool toys."  Oh, to go back to that time again!
Being a mother of two who works full time, I think that being bored for five minutes would be like winning a dream vacation.  Even if I had five minutes of uninterrupted solitude to be bored my mommy mind wouldn't allow it. It would be thinking of all of the things that need to be done. Switching laundry, folding clothes, doing dishes, vacuuming, picking up toys, etc...or thinking random life goal thoughts like "how did my butt get flat?" "Do I really look that old?" "How much is in my 401k?" Okay, so one life goal thought.    There is never enough time in the day to do everything that needs to be done.  When I break my day down, I sometimes wonder how I even got out of bed let alone do everything that gets done.  Not that you care but here's my normal schedule in a run on sentence. Wake up at 5am-pump-get showered and dressed for work- get L fed and ready- get E changed, fed, and ready- pack up van- take L to school-take E to sitters-get to work hopefully on time- work-pump-work-gym-work-pump-work-pick up E- pick up L-get home and start dinner, give girls a bath-eat dinner and feed girls-clean up dinner-get girls ready for bed-pump-feed and put E to bed, pack lunches for the next day- go to bed at 10pm. It sounds exhausting just reading it, much less doing it.  This is my basic schedule, not including things like blowouts-extra baths-cleaning-laundry-grocery shopping-etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment