Sunday, March 4, 2012

I uh (love) Mama!!!!

So if you know me on a personal level, you may know that my daughter has apraxia. Apraxia is a speech delay/disorder that happens in children and can happen to adults. You can learn more here at http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/childhoodapraxia/ if you are interested.

Because our little princess is apraxic, she does not speak like most children her age, she does not express herself like others, and she has never been able to say "mama"........Until tonight!!!! ( I am smiling from ear to ear right now) while putting the little princess to bed, we always say "I love you" and she repeats "I uh (love) bwa bwa or da-da" but never ma-ma. She will be 3 in May and I've been waiting to hear the words "ma-ma" since she started babbling. It's been a long wait but well worth it! I started crying and my hubs and I were thrilled to hear her say " I uh ma-ma"!!!! She is such a sweetheart and she is growing so much everyday! We are so proud of her accomplishments with her speech (and everything she does) and she tries so hard everyday! Our little princess is a dream come true and I look forward to more words and accomplishments in the future.

Have you had troubles and triumphs with your children? Feel free to share! If you have ever known or have a child with apraxia, please leave me a message, I would love to hear from you!
This is me and the munchkin, she was not camera ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment