Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chorizo bake

My hubs had two very long days at work so the little princess and I decided to make him a yummy breakfast and let him sleep in. What to make...what to make.... Chorizo bake? Yep! I had some chorizo in the freezer that I thawed and got the bisquick out, eggs,milk and cheese. That's it, that's all you need. (unless you are like me and use lots of seasonings.) The princess played, while I cooked the chorizo and enjoyed a yummy cup of coffee. I love my coffee, any coffee, I just need my coffee! Thats not a problem right?
Back to the baking... After I cooked the chorizo, I soaked up as much grease as I could with 15 paper towels. (Maybe more) I layered the chorizo in the bottom of a baking dish, topped with lots of cheese, and poured the bisquick mixture on top. ( recipe and pics to follow) pop in the oven and 25 minutes later you have a Mexican inspired breakfast bake. I finished my homemade salsa while it baked. I also played with the princess and her dolls too:)!

What did you have for breakfast?

Chorizo bake

1lb (or package) chorizo or Breakfast sausage
1 cup shredded cheese (or more:)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 cup bisquick (I used heart healthy)
Seasonings of your choice (I use garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, and hot pepper flakes)
Cook chorizo or sausage until done, strain as much grease as possible, and layer in the bottom of a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. Mix eggs, bisquick, milk, and seasonings in a bowl. Pour over sausage and cheese and put into a preheated 350• oven. Bake for 25 min or until fork comes out clean. Serve with a side of salsa and some yummy fruit.(for nutrition of course) Enjoy!!!!

What should I make tomorrow?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment