Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A cold hotdog....slap in the face:)

So I was searching through foodgawker and found a recipe for beef and broccoli from http://www.myculinaryescapades.com/

It looked easy, delicious, and easy. (did I say that already?). I have been craving Chinese but hate to spend 20$ on food that is full of calories and leftovers sit in the fridge for way too long after dinner.
Well, what else could I do but make my own....I semi follow directions when it comes to cooking. Here's what I did... Cut and marinate beef stew meat in some heavy shakes of soy sauce and ground ginger (refrigerate 1 hour or more), cut and sauté onion in a spray of evoo and a splash of soy sauce...after onions are sautéed, add meat and frozen bag of broccoli. Once heated through, add water and corn starch. (mixed together) I also added mushrooms to mine. Serve with a side of brown rice and some homemade crab rangoon (which I'm still trying to master) and viola! your homemade take-out is done!
Enjoy!

Let me know what you think, questions, ..or if you have a great baked crab rangoon recipe I would love to hear about that too!

Beef and broccoli

1 lb. Beef stew meat
1medium onion
1 pkg. Mushrooms
Bag of frozen broccoli
1 tsp Ground ginger
4ish tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp corn starch
1cup Water
Evoo

P.s. My daughter refused to eat this and wanted a cold hotdog, what a culinary slap in the face!!! She has never even eaten a "cold" hotdog. Wtf!!! But I liked it and my hubby enjoyed it too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment