Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer vacation

One week into summer vacation and time is going by quickly. Although 10 hours in the car on Monday didn't seem so quick. We had a great Memorial weekend with my in-laws in Kansas City. I even got to meet some family members that I hadn't seen yet! We had a great time and our little one got to play with her cousins, aunts, and uncle! Swimming, playing, eating, and being with amazing people was a fantastic way to kick off the summer.
I'm trying to plan different activities for my little one and our family...and still get laundry, dishes, cleaning, and cooking done. I need professor Von Drakes multiplicity potion! (Mickey mouse clubhouse...anyone?!?)
Today little one and I visited the library and picked out lots of books...the scaredy squirrel,a Sandra Boyton book, and a few other ones. As I was juggling my wallet, the books, and making sure the little one was going safely up the stairs.... I had a thought.....we have to make a special library book bag to make sure that we dont mix up any of the library books and I don't fumble and fall down a flight of stairs:).
I let my daughter pick out her own fabric (bonus it was only $2.00 a yard:) and we got a few groceries and headed home. I worked on it while she took a much needed nap and she tested it out when she woke up. I got her approval:)
This bag was very quick and very simple to put together, I just cut two rectangles, one for the inside and one for the outside, sewed up the sides and added some gross-grain ribbon. I think I will add some fabric paint and let my kiddo do some painting on it so she can make it "hers."
What summer time projects do you have planned for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment